|The Ebenezer Animal Hospital Newsletter!
||October 8th marks ONE YEAR of EAH under new ownership! Congrats, Dr. Hreiz and April! Hooray!
Congrats to Dr. Jay Hreiz and April Splawn on the 1 year anniversary of EAH ownership! Our new owners are commited to excellence in medicine and providing you and your pets with an outstanding veterinary experience.
In an effort to fulfill that purpose, Dr. Hreiz and April have made MANY changes around EAH in the last year. These improvements include:
- Investing in a Companion Laser Therapy unit! We are one of the only veterinary hospitals in our area offering laser therapy pain relief for our patients.
- WHOLE HEALTH PLANS! These wonderful plans provide you with the option to pay monthly for the routine care (including heartworm prevention!) that your pet needs. Find out more at http://ebenezervets.com/services/whole-health-plans/
- Now offering Acupuncture! In 2014 we have welcomed Dr. Ryn Marlowe, who is completing her studies of acupuncture at the Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine. We are so glad to offer acupuncture as an option for clients who think it may benefit their pet! Call us for an acupuncture consultation!
- We upgraded the computer system and purchased new computers! While this is behind the scenes, it helps us better serve you!
- New hospital logo for new owners! Keeping it fresh!
- Monthly newsletters – keeping you informed! These are also on our website here!
- A strong presence on social media – find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Instagram, and You-Tube!
- Monthly community events! We strongly believe that giving back to the community that gives to us is so very important, and you will see montly events, drives, or celebrations are in place!
- Our doctors are blogging! This is just another way to keep you in the know! Follow “The tales of fur, feathers, and scales”!
- We’ve got a new website! Our new site makes great information easier to find, gives you 24-7 access to your pet’s medical records through the pet portal, and allows you to request an appointment at any time!
- Our reception area has a fresh new look! Fresh paint, new floors, and a little rearranging go a long way!
- New team member uniforms! We’ve brightened up the tech and receptionists looks with brighter colored scrubs (techs) and polos (receptionists). Our new uniforms don the new logo!
- New roof on EAH! It may not be exciting to you guys, but it keeps us all a bit safer! 🙂
Coming soon! Always looking for a way to best serve you and your pets!
- We are redoing the floors in the treatment, surgery, grooming, and other “behind the scenes” places in the hospital in the near future.
- Renovations! We will start minor hospital renovations in 2015 to give us more exam room space (less wait time for you!), upgrade our “CampEbenezer” boarding facility, and provide the doctors and techicians with more treatment and surgery prep space.
- New signage! Keep an eye out for our new logo to appear on a new sign out front in coming week!
|October 12-18th is National Veterinary Technician Week!
|Veterinary technicians are critical to the day-to-day function of veterinary practices, and play vital roles in preserving animal health and welfare. National Veterinary Technician Week, first celebrated in 1993, takes place in the third week of October each year, and provides an opportunity to recognize veterinary technicians’ contributions.Although we value veterinary technicians every day of the year, we take this week to honor their commitment to compassionate, high-quality veterinary care for all animals.Next time you are in, please take a moment to thank our techs and assistants for all they do to care for your pets!
|Upcoming EAH Community Events
|October 27th through November 1stHalloween Costume Contest and Ice Cream Social!Bring your pet by in costume to see us the week of Halloween! Pets in costume will recieve a complementary pet-safe ice cream treat, have their picture taken, and they will be entered into our Facebook costume contest. We will be taking pictures of our adorable patients (which we will email to you as well!) and posting them on Facebook. The most “likes” for a picture through November 8thwill win a 6 month supply of flea prevention! Show off how adorable your pet is AND win free stuff!
||Month of NovemberHuman and Pet Food DriveWe have so much to be thankful for, and we hope you do too. This November, we are gathering donations for needy families and animals in our area, with donations going to the Second Harvest Food Bank. Non-perishable food donations for both people and animals will be accepted all month. Please consider coming by and making a donation to help support animals in our area.
||December 5thRock Hill Christmasville Parade!Nothing starts the holiday season quite like the Rock Hill Christmasville Parade! We are excited to have an entry in this years parade and further our interaction with our community! Bring your family out to this evening parade and enjoy the lights!
|EAH Highlighted Staff Member – Robert!
|Many of you know (and love!) Robert, so “introducing” him to you may seem a bit silly… but we wanted to take this opportunity to highlight Robert and his commitment to EAH!Robert is a Rock Hill native that started at Ebenezer Animal Hospital in 1969 when he was only 16 years old. He’s been here ever since!When he’s not spending time with his two daughters and four grandchildren, Robert really enjoys dirt track racing, and can be found at the Lancaster Super Speedway on most Saturday nights! He loves spending time in the mountains on weekends, and playing with his two dogs – BooBoo and Izzy- both chihuahua mixes.
Thank you, Robert, for your years of commitment to EAH and our patients!